Interested in attending, but not a member? Click here to request a call back
Partner, Global Strategy Practice
Bain & Company
Martin D. Shanahan
Managing Director and Vice President
Director, Distribution Channels
Bank of Ireland
Head of Unified Communications
Has Social Selling Lived Up To Its Promise?
The Founder’s Mentality
- The Founder’s Mentality: Creating a company-wide mission that creates energy, focus and increased profitability.
- Front Line Obsession: Creating a culture that drives customer intimacy and intellectual curiosity
- The Owners Mindset: Promoting a culture of responsibility, fast action and willingness to solve problems across all your teams.
Chris Zook is a partner at Bain & Company. He was Co-Head of the firm’s Global Strategy Practice for 20 years, has served on Bain’s Board of Directors, and was co-head head of its Investment Committee. He specialises in how companies find new sources of profitable growth and renew themselves internally to become more adaptive and entrepreneurial. He has worked in a range of industries including information, healthcare, technology and venture capital. He splits his time between the firm’s Amsterdam and Boston offices.
Mr. Zook is a best-selling author whose fifth book, The Founder's Mentality, was recently published. He is also the author of Repeatability: Build Enduring Businesses for a World of Constant Change, published by Harvard Business Review (HBR) Press in 2012, which presents an argument for simple, great repeatable models to realize enduring, profitable growth. In 2010, Mr. Zook published Profit from the Core: A Return to Growth in Turbulent Times(HBR Press), an updated edition of his 2001 best-selling business book, Profit from the Core: Growth Strategy in an Era of Turbulence, which offers an approach to assessing and making the most of core business opportunities. The book’s sequel, Beyond the Core: Expand your Market without Abandoning your Roots (Harvard Business School Press, 2004), was voted one of the top 100 business books ever written. It examines how companies that have fully exploited their core businesses can systematically and successfully expand into related, or "adjacent," areas. Unstoppable: Finding Hidden Assets to Renew the Core and Fuel Profitable Growth (Harvard Business School Press, 2007) completes the series and examines what to do when your past growth formula begins to approach its limits, demanding that your company change its strategic focus and redefine its core.
These books have received widespread critical support. Beyond the Core was recognized by The Economist as one of the top five business and economic books in 2004. The Financial Times identified Unstoppable as one of the notable business books of the year. Based on his work, Mr. Zook was included by the Times of London in its biannual list of the 50 Most Influential Global Business Thinkers. He was also named “one of the most interesting strategic thinkers working today,” by FT Guide to Strategy.
Mr. Zook has written extensively in the business press, ranging from academic journals to columns in the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, New York Times, Washington Post, Fortune and Forbes. His Harvard Business Review credits include, "How to find your next core business," "Open-market innovation" and "How to think strategically in a recession." He has also been a guest on TV and Radio, including NPR, CNBC, and Bloomberg TV.
He is a frequent speaker at a range of business forums including the Forbes CEO Conference, the Business Week CEO Conference, the Economist Summit, the Harvard Burning Issues Conference, and the Harvard Distinguished Speaker Series. He has been a regular speaker at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland and is a lecturer at Harvard Business School.
Outside of his consulting role, Mr. Zook has served on Bain’s Board of Directors and its Investment Committee. He was also president of the American Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands from 2013-2015.
Mr. Zook received a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics and economics from Williams College, an M.Phil. in economics from Exeter College, Oxford University, and Master’s and Doctorate degrees from Harvard University.
Generation Z in the Workplace – Clash of the Generations
- DNA of Generation Z – what do they really, really want from an employer
- How to create a productive working environment for Gen Z
- Tips for managing the 4 generational sales team
Selling Ireland Inc in a post-Brexit EU economy
- Ireland’s Competitive Advantage: A SWOT Analysis in a post-Brexit EU.
- The Competitive Disrupters: Who are Ireland’s new competition for EU sales hubs
- Staying Ahead in the Game: The new types of competitiveness
Creating a FMCG Organisation of the Future
- Rising to the challenge of Discounters and Own Label Brands
- Creating the lean Agile Sales Organisation
- Attracting and Retaining Top Talent in the flatter FMCG Sales Organisation
Driving Growth and Business Transformation
- Managing change: Involving all the stakeholders – the key to success
- Customer Centricity: Aligning go to market strategy with the buyer’s journey
- Refocusing your management team: Traits and talents required to drive sales during a change program
The changing customer landscape moulded by rapid adoption of digital technologies
- Changing customer behaviours driving the need for different relationships (2012-2018)
- The Physical to Digital challenge, layered with more channel choice
- Development of a connected customer engagement strategy more important than ever before (next 3 years)
Áine’s career to date has been in banking across a variety of roles. She started in Ulster Bank as a foreign exchange dealer before moving to Bank of Ireland Global Markets in 2000. Áine moved to the retail banking division of Bank of Ireland in 2012. Since then she has held a number of leadership roles across strategy and planning, mortgages and direct channels. Earlier this year, Áine was appointed to Director of Distribution Channels.
A business graduate of UCD, Áine holds a Master’s Degree in Business Studies from the Smurfit School of Business. She is a Certified Bank Director and a Fellow of the Institute of Banking. Áine is the President of the Institute of Banking 2018/2019.
Chat, Tap, Talk - Transforming The Digital Customer Experience
- What are the key digital customer care trends and what's shaping customer experience in 2018?
- What do customers want from the organisations that they deal with? The pursuit of simplicity - how easy are businesses making it for customers to get in touch?
- Striking the balance. How do organisations find the right technology to impact customer experience and their bottom line?
Joseph Walsh reveals the changing trends in customer care, providing you with some fresh insight into how best to use technology to optimise your customer experience. Joseph will talk you through what devices and channels consumers are using to communicate with businesses, what their expectations are for these communications and if they feel these expectations are being met.
About Joseph Walsh:
An experienced tech marketer, Joseph has worked with some of telecoms leading brands across Ireland, UK, Europe and Israel. He currently leads the UC&C propositions for BT, helping global companies reduce costs, and become better at what they do by embracing digital technology. Joseph holds an M.Sc. in Marketing, a B.Sc. in Management and Marketing and a Certificate in Retail Marketing, all from Dublin Institute of Technology. Joseph is also a graduate of the Marketing Institute of Ireland.
Contact Details: email@example.com
More info: www.btireland.com
Patrick Collins - Vodafone Ireland
Brian Bennett - PayPal
Ronan Whelan - SIRO
Steve Docherty - CISCO
Our expert panel will be discussing "Has Social Selling Lived Up To Its Promise?"
Digital Disruption is in the Buying Process – how to digitally transform the sales process? What is the technology and its future role in this?
-What technology can be used to facilitate and drive the buying cycle
- What content and delivery mechanisms work, or can fail? What to use, when.
- How to marry multi-generational sales teams with the right approach for their experience and their buyer